Saturday, March 26, 2011

Social

Taking a break from shopping downtown and prior to dinner, friends and my wife and I headed to Social for a glass of wine.


Unlike my usual posts, we did not consume any food. Although Social does serve food, I think of it more as a wine bar. On this particular afternoon we couldn't have ordered much if we wanted to. Apparently there was a fire in the kitchen the day before which left the kitchen unable to prepare anything but pizza.

Several friends had a glass of wine. My wife and I decided to do a wine flight. The menu has several different glasses of wine available in different categories. You can order a glass of any of the wines or a flight of all of the wines in that category. I ordered a flight of the three Italian reds. My wife ordered a flight of the three Spanish reds. All of the wines were excellent. It was a lot of fun to start with the lighter reds and work up to the full bodied reds. Even better, we essentially had three half glasses of excellent wine for $12 per flight.

Our server was friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable about the featured wines. The decor inside is dark woods and steel. It has a modern but warm feeling. The space is intimate without being too close for comfort.

I am short on details, but I highly recommend Social for a fun place to enjoy a glass, or a flight, of tasty wine.

Social
188 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401
843-577-5665
http://www.socialwinebar.com/


Social Restaurant + Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment